Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chris Chameleon In Noot Vir Brood @ Aardklop

Attention Art Festival Lovers!

How awesome is this weather? I'm thinking cocktails, novels and fruit salads on the beach... Unfortunately that will have to wait until December (for me, at least). In the meantime, here's something to look forward to:

If you're heading to Potchefstroom for Aardklop or to the Cultivaria Arts Festival in Paarl, look out for Chris Chameleon, Johrné van Huyssteen and Riaan van Rensburg, who will appear in Noot Vir Brood, a laugh-out-loud production in which Chameleon explains the road to success in the Afrikaans music industry.



Songs from his time in Boo! as well as some solo tunes will be used with Johrné and Riaan on instruments. Chameleon's inspiration for Noot Vir Brood comes from his curiousity about what exactly is needed to be successful in the music industry. Says Chris: "After 20 years in the industry I still don't know what it is that makes the world of music turn. With this production we offer a behind-the-scenes look and we share our own experiences - and it sure is funny!"

Cultivaria shows: Sunday, 26 September at 10:30 and 13:30.
Aardklop shows: 28 September at 11:00, 29 September at 18:00, 30 September at 15:00, 1 October at 12:30 and 2 October at 18:00.
Tickets available from http://www.computicket.co.za/

No comments:

Post a Comment