Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Friday, September 3, 2010

Artist Q&A: Justin du Preez

Happy Friday, friends!

To get you in the mood for the weekend, I thought I'd share a recent conversation I had with Justin du Preez from Chromium.


 From left to right: Hannes Matthysen, Jared Gunston, Justin Du Preez and Adrian Basson

Keeping it short, this is what Justin had to say about their upcoming album and dating band members...

How's the new album coming along?
It's coming along track by track and lyric by lyric... We still need to fine tune a couple of things, add a bit of this and that but that is all coming along.

What can fans expect of the new album?
Well, they can expect something completely different from the two previous albums, which were great in their own way but I think Chromium is older and wiser than before, so I would have to say this is a very mature sounding album with brutal riffs and beautiful melodies. Fans can expect the best Chromium album yet.

What's the hardest part about being in a band?
There is no hard part about being in a band, well at least for now! I think when you start doing it full time and touring 3 months at a time, I am sure you will feel it. I know I did, with doing the UK tour, it did take it out of all of us, but in the end it is all worth it.

If you had to date a member of Chromium, who would it be?
It will have to be Hannes... He always says: "Give it to me!"

Have you ever been arrested?
No comment!

Wishing you all a wicked weekend!

Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment