Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Artist Q&A: Axene

She's young, she's beautiful and she's highly talented. Axene became the youngest winner ever at the 2010 MTN SAMAs in April this year, walking away with the Best Pop Album: English award for her debut album 16.



A small town girl from Vredenburg in the Western Cape, Axene - currently busy with her matric year at the National School Of The Arts - is a vibrant performer who seems to have it all going for her. She's shared the stage with the cream of SA's entertainers including Judith Sephuma, Louise Carver and Karen Zoid, and within a short while Axene has managed to make her mark in the local music industry.

Highlights of the year so far?
I've been lucky enough to do amazing things in a short period of time - being involved in the World Cup concerts, winning a SAMA, meeting Madiba, singing with The Parlotones AND the KwaZulu Natal Orchestra... it's been an awesome year!

What are you currently busy working on?
I'm going to be singing at the Miss SA Teen ceremony in Sun City and I'm also planning to go into studio and record a few tracks. Then, of course, comes my matric final exam!

What's your take on Idols?
I think Idols is a brilliant platform for musicians who want to break into the industry. I had the pleasure of meeting the contestants and they were all very sweet! I think all of them have a lot more tricks up their sleeves - so I can't pick a favourite just yet!

What's your dream job?
I've always loved beauty therapy. I'm a qualified make-up artist. I'll probably study beauty therapy sometime - but right now singing comes first!

The most trouble you've ever gotten into?
I've never been a very naughty child, but I think the worst I ever got into trouble was when I cut my hair... I was being rebellious! My mom refused to let me go to the hairdresser for a proper cut, so I did it myself. NOT AWESOME! I was hearing it, non-stop, for a week!

Axene's dedication, determination and drive, blended with her natural talent and infectious personality, certainly seem to confirm that with this package she's without a doubt going to have a great career!

No comments:

Post a Comment