Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It Can Like To Be The Weekend!

Happy, happy Friday!

I can't believe the first month of 2011 is almost out the door... Scary actually...

Anyhoo, I went to see the Michael Jackson This Is It tribute show at the Joburg Theatre last night and all I can say, is WOW! I had goosebumps most of the time and the finale is out of this world! Do yourselves a favour and book your tickets NOW - you won't regret it!

Since it's Friday and we're all at our wit's end (okay, I am - I don't know about you), here's a few gigs you can consider attending just to get the weekend grooves going. No pressure. Although, I would recommend you join me at Tanz Cafe in Fourways tonight to see The Arrows live - it's going to be a rocker!

Friday, January 21
What's Up: The Arrows
Where: Tanz Cafe, Fourways, Johannesburg

What's Up: Mean Mr Mustard
Where: Firkin, Centurion, Pretoria

What's Up: Broadway Screamer
Where: The Black Dahlia, Boksburg
What's Up: Arno Carstens
Where: Die Blou Hond, Linden, Johannesburg
Line-up: Includes Albert Frost

Saturday, January 22
What's Up: Die See
Where: Tings an' Times, Hatfield, Pretoria

What's Up: Cassette
Where: Zula Bar, Capetown

What's Up: Evolver One
Where: Tanz Cafe, Fourways, Johannesburg

Sunday, January 23
What's Up: Valiant Swart
Where: Tanz Cafe, Fourways, Johannesburg

What's Up: Dan Patlansky
Where: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town
Line-up: Includes Farryl Purkiss and Inge Beckmann

What's Up: Albert Frost
Where: Backsberg Wine Estate, Paarl

Travel safe and party responsibly!

Izzy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment