Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year...

...and all that jazz! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday and kept out of trouble! I know I've been MIA for a while, but I intend to make it up to!

Herewith some gigs to look out for during the coming weekend. As I'm still learning the whole blogging-via-BlackBerry-thing (forgive me for being a technologically challenged), you'll have to excuse the lack of links and pics...

Thursday, January 6
What's Up: Elvis Blue
Where: Firkin, Centurion (0861 FIRKIN)
Damage: R60

Friday, January 7
What's Up: Mean Mr Mustard
Where: Firkin Centurion
Damage: R30

What's Up: Chromium
Where: The Black Dahlia, Boksburg (082 654 7912)
Damage: R40

What's Up: Easy Tiger
Where: Tanz Cafe, Fourways, Jhb (011 658 0277)
Damage: R60

Saturday, January 8
What's Up: Asylum and The City Is The Desert (In Disguise)
Where: Cool Runnings, Victory Park, Jhb
Damage: Only R10!

What's Up: Lonehill Estate
Where: Tanz Cafe, Fourways, Jhb
Damage: R60

There is also a Battle of the Bands at The Black Dahlia in Boksburg for a slot on the Dahlia stage at Thornfest 2011. Starts at 18:00.

Sunday, January 9
What's Up: The Parlotones
Where: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, CT

In other music news: a little birdie told me that newcomers ADAM have finished writing songs for their debut album... We can't wait to hear it!

I wish you all a party-filled weekend!

Izzy
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment