Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Monday, June 20, 2011

Elvis Blue, The Musician

Elvis Blue is a musician with a dream; a man with a melodic goal - and a talented performer with an overwhelming desire to make music that matters. This is evident in the lyrics of his hit single, Things My Father Said: "If you have a dream you better hold on for dear life."

The intuitive musician released his self-title debut album through Universal Records in December 2010. The album weny gold within 29 days of its release, proving that meaningful music  such as his has its place in the South African market. Since the album's release, the singles, Things My Fathers Said and Lighthouse have been play listed on radio stations across the country, allowing it to reach a wide cultural cross-section of fans which has turned the album into a mammoth hit. The latest single, Save Me is currently on play lists across the country and gaining airplay quickly.

Elvis Blue is a songwriter, a musician (he plays guitar and the piano) and an adult contemporary artist that provides a different side to him in his live shows - he often engages top local musicians to play live with him, insisting on a more intimate and personal experience of his music and lyrics.



"If I am an influence in any way to my audience, I hope that it allows people to look at me and see someone who truly enjoys and loves music. Whether you make it or not, it's who I am and that's what it's about at the end of the day. If you have that gift to make music, it's a wonderful privilege and you should cherish it," he says.

Committed to offering audiences a meaningful experience of his music, Elvis Blue will be hosting an intimate show at The Lyric Theatre at Gold Reef City on June 25 at 20:30. Tickets cost R75 and can be booked at the Globe Theatre Box Office on (011) 248-5000 or at Computicket. Visit www.elvisblue.co.za for more info.

Click on the links below to find out what Elvis' life has been since winning Idols in November last year.

Elvis Blue: Life After Idols
Elvis Blue Goes Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment