Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bittereinder Nominated For 2 Tempo Awards

Hey peeps,

It's awards time again and one of my favourite local acts, Bittereinder has been nominated in two categories for a Tempo award; for "Alternatiewe Musiekvideo Van Die Jaar" (for the video of Ware Verhaal) and for "Kopskuifalbum". Now, if you're sitting there wondering who these okes are, you might as well crawl back under the rock you've been calling home. Anyhoo, these Tempo award nominations come after the guys won the 2011 SAMA in May this year for Best Alternative Music Album: Afrikaans for their album Ware Verhaal - confirming that this is only just the beginning of great things to come for Bittereinder.



I have seen them live and believe me I'm not joking when I say that Ware Verhaal is on high rotation on my iPod - months after a copy accidentally landed on my desk back in the day at people magazine. Now, with the Tempo Awards creeping closer, they are up against some big names in the local music industry, including Die Heuwels Fantasties, Jack Parow and Foto Na Dans.

So here's the story: winners are chosen based on votes cast by the public and if you think Bittereinder is worthy of yet another award (I most certainly do), SMS "TEM1 A plus your name & surname" to 32113 for the video award and/or (preferably both) SMS "TEM8 A plus your name & surname" to 32113 for the album award. SMSes are charged at R1 and voters stand the chance of winning great prizes such as cellphones and watches. I've already cast my vote and so should you - all the cool kids are doing it! No pressure...

If you'd like to check them out before making the life altering decision of voting for them (like any right-minded fan should), catch Bittereinder at the TUKSFM Youth Day Party in Centurion on Thursday, June 16. For more info on the event, click HERE.



Visit Bittereinder's website, like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment