Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Artist Q&A: Anton van Wyk

Greetings, earthlings!

Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here and I hope all of you have rocking plans!

I had a quick chat with Anton Van Wyk, Van Diens Af's guitarist, to find out a bit more about how they got into the industry and what it's like to be in a band!


Where and how did Van Diens Af start?
William (Jonker, lead singer) and I have been friends for 20 years now and we've been making music together since we were 13-years-old - always dreaming of having a rock band. Living in Secunda means limited opportunities regarding music. We just stuck together until we found the right musos and VDA was born.

What's the story behind your hit, Hou My Vas?
Hou My Vas is a classic love song about having the perfect girl, giving your everything to her and then she truns around and smashes your heart!

What is the most memorable gig of your career so far?
I think our hometown gigs. It's always great to get a chance to play in Secunda. We played with aKING and Fokofpolisiekar in Secunda and it was great!

What is the most trouble you've ever gotten into?
Trouble? That's something we try to avoid at all times. But I think the worst was a good old fist fight... which we won!

How would you convince people to go to your gigs?
If you are ready for some great fun and energy on stage, good tunes and in the mood for a great party, you better do not miss VDA on stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment