Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Friday, January 28, 2011

Videos That Make Me Happy

Hey peeps!

Happy Friday!

So, to get your music-filled weekend started...

I've already posted two of my favourite music videos by local artists (Die Heuwels Fantasties and Easy Tiger), and thought I might as well share the rest with you. These bands offer music of outstanding quality and here are some (if I had to list them all I'd sit here until at least mid-March) of the reasons why I will support our bands to the end...

You & I - aKING
This is about as soppy as my music video collection gets (not that you can call these rockers soppy - anything but!). Don't get me wrong; I still think their 2008 video for Safe As Houses was a lot better in terms of concept, but hearing this song makes me swoon, so you can only imagine what the video does to me.

The Knife - Zebra & Giraffe

This video graced the Number One spot on MK's Top 10 music video list for a couple of weeks. Need I say more?

Los My - Winterstasie

Seriously; have you SEEN this video? The resemblence between myself and a yawning bush baby the first time I saw it, was uncanny! The dark feeling and innocence (well, kind of) of the kid paired with the stunning location (you HAVE to visit the old hall beneath Joburg Park Station... OMW!) were enough to grip me from beginning to end. (The good looking band members have nothing to do with my decision.)

Center Of Gravity - Voodoo Child

This was the first music video shoot I had to cover for people magazine and the whole experience is something that will stay with me forever. Watching the guys do what they love from the break of dawn until late at night and then finally seeing the end product, was a bucketfull of awesomeness.

Enter The Ninja - Die Antwoord

Come on, man! It's Daai Entward! They may not have the most child friendly lyrics, but this video is just too cool. Yes. Kief.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Have a great weekend!

Izzy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment