Welcome to my blog!

For those of you who don't know me; I'm a scatterbrained ex-journalist with a passion for music - specifically local music. My mission on Music'nStuff is to share album reviews, gig reviews, interviews, gig guides, etc. with you - with the hope that my love for music will at least rub off on some of you so we can support South African music the way it deserves to be supported.







Please feel free to contact me - and tell all your friends about Music'nStuff! After all: they say music is a universal language, so spread the word!





Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is It Raining In Heaven?

For what is probably the first time in my life, I'm at a loss for words. I've been listening to Queen's No-One But You over and over: "One by one / Only the good die young / They're only flying too close to the sun."

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life as I got the news of Rowan's tragic death. Not only was he loved by everyone whose lives he had touched, but he was a passionate, positive human being who put his heart and soul into everything he did - 110%.

Where do I begin to describe something that has boomed from the word go into a friendship that has enriched my life in more ways than one?

Rowan, I don't know what to say. You were taken away to soon. I still can't believe it. Our daily chats on Facebook, your phone calls and emails always made me smile - even when you were feeling down, you always knew what to say to make me feel better. In your eyes, no person was less important than the other.

I regret not spending more time with you. I find comfort in the thought that you are now making music in a better place.

Until we meet again,

RIP my friend.

Izzy
xxx

PS: I will never forget you!



My heart goes out to Rowan's mother, Nancy, and the rest of his family and friends - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment